COVID-19: New Brunswick reports 4 new deaths, jump in hospitalizations | Pro IQRA News

Pro IQRA News Updates.

New Brunswick reported four deaths related to COVID-19 in its latest weekly report.

This is a slight decrease from the six deaths reported in the previous week.

In the seven-day period ending August 27, the province also saw 31 new hospital admissions, up from 21 reported last week. There are currently 33 active hospitalizations, including four people in ICU.

Another 712 PCR-confirmed cases of COVID-19 were recorded that week, for an average of 102 new cases each day. The province does not include the number of self-reported rapid test positives in its report.

Read more:

Schools in New Brunswick will not have mandatory masks in the fall

Among the samples randomly selected for further analysis, the province says 82 percent of cases have been shown to be the BA.5 subvariant of Omicron — the dominant strain worldwide in the seventh wave. The other 18 percent was the BA.4 subvariant.

Story continues below advertisement

The province estimates there were 1,072 active cases on August 27.

As of Tuesday, 53.5 percent of New Brunswickers had received at least three doses of a COVID-19 vaccine.

Another 235 people rolled up their sleeves to get their first dose in the past week.

The province goes on to say “individuals not protected by vaccine continue to have the highest rate of hospitalization for COVID-19 and ICU admissions.

© 2022 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.

.

RELATED ARTICLES
- Advertisment -

Latest News & Updates

- Advertisment -