Investigators receive actor Alec Baldwin’s phone

Investigators receive actor Alec Baldwin’s phone

Hollywood star Alec Baldwin on Saturday handed over his mobile phone to investigators into the deadly shooting that took place during the filming of a scene for the movie “Rust” in New Mexico in October 2021, his attorney and law enforcement official said on Monday. Friday.

This comes after investigative authorities issued a search warrant for Baldwin’s iPhone in December 2021. The Santa Fe County Sheriff’s Office, New Mexico, had said it was still trying to obtain the device from the (30 Rock) star.

Download Alec Baldwin’s phone data

A Sheriff’s Department spokesperson said via email that authorities in Suffk County, New York, are in the process of downloading relevant data to send to investigators in Santa Fe after receiving Baldwin’s phone.

Baldwin’s attorney, Aaron Dyer, also confirmed that the actor handed over his phone to authorities on Friday.

What is it
American actor Alec Baldwin – Reuters

Baldwin was rehearsing a scene on the set of “Rust” when a bullet fired from the pistol he was holding; resulting in the murder of cinematographer Helena Hutchins. The actor said he did not pull the trigger and was saddened by the accident, while investigators in New Mexico focused on figuring out how live ammunition got to the set.

It is noteworthy that Alec Baldwin had previously spoken on Wednesday, December 1, 2021, in his first full interview, about the shooting incident that occurred on October 21, when he was holding a pistol that was reported to be safe for use, and Baldwin appeared in tears in parts of the The video broadcast before the broadcast of the episode.

“Well, the trigger wasn’t pulled, I didn’t pull the trigger,” the actor told ABC news journalist George Stephanpolis, according to an excerpt broadcast Wednesday from the interview, scheduled to air in full Thursday December. “I would never point a gun at someone and pull the trigger, ever,” he added.

Police investigations continue

On the other hand, court documents released on Wednesday showed that they found documents from the movie “Rust” and suspected live ammunition for a pistol similar to the one Baldwin was using during this week’s search of the premises of an arms supplier for filming locations.

Court documents also said the supplier, Seth Kenny, had previously told police that he believed the live bullets found on the set may have been “reloaded ammunition”, which he had previously obtained from a friend. Reloaded ammunition consists of recycled components including lead.

Matters faced by Alec Baldwin

Two of the film’s crew were filing civil suits, accusing Baldwin, the film’s producers, and others in the production of neglect and lax enforcement of safety protocols. The producers said they were conducting an internal investigation into the incident.

Also, in an exciting chapter of the incident, Mimi Mitchell, who supervised the script of “Rust” earlier, blew up a surprise in one of the lawsuits, saying that the script of the film never required shooting from a pistol during the scene that Baldwin was rehearsing when he killed the photographer last month.

the acting
American actor Alec Baldwin, who killed a photographer while filming a movie – Reuters

Mitchell claimed that Alec Baldwin should have personally verified that the gun did not contain live ammunition, and not rely solely on the assistant director’s assertion that the gun was safe to use.

.